Getting around the Murray Princess
The PS Murray Princess has five passenger decks. All decks are accessible by stairwells of approximately 10 to 14 steps. A lift services three decks – Randell, Cadell, and Sturt Decks.
The following public rooms are situated on decks with lift access:
- Dining Room and Bar: Located on Sturt Deck
- Paddlewheel Lounge: Situated at the stern of the vessel over two levels. The lower lounge is situated on Randell Deck and includes a gift shop and café and the upper lounge is situated on Cadell Deck The following public rooms are situated on decks without lift access:</li
- Laundry and Gym: Located on Chaffey Deck and are only accessible by stairwells
- Sun deck: Located on the upper deck and is only accessible by a steep shallow set of stairs
The Murray Princess has four cabins specially designed for wheelchairs. Two cabins feature twin beds and two feature a double bed and a single bed. Please note the images above show one of the accessible cabins.
- Wheelchair access doors and bathrooms
- Continuous level bathrooms
- Telephone contact with 24hr emergency numbers
- Hand-held shower
- 2 mirrors in the bathroom – one at normal height, one at wheelchair height
- All cabins have shower chairs and other equipment is available on request
Height of beds 60cm from floor to top of the mattress to enable passengers to slide off the chair onto the bed with no difficulty.
You will require a Photo ID for each passenger (driver’s licence or passport), or some form of acceptable identification and your travel documents. Your travel is subject to the terms and conditions of the Passengers Cruise Contract, which you will complete when booking your cruise.
The Murray Princess cruises depart and return to Mannum at 4:30 pm. You can check in from 2.30 pm. Please ensure you arrive at the vessel no later than 4.00 pm. Please refer to your itinerary for boarding times and locations, note that special itineraries may have different departure and return information.
Coach Transfer Departures
Coach transfer must be pre-booked. Coach Transfers depart from the below Adelaide CBD locations:
- Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street Adelaide at 1:20 pm
- Hilton Adelaide, 233 Victoria Square Adelaide at 1:30 pm
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, 55 Frome Street Adelaide at 1:35 pm
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide, 27 Frome Street Adelaide at 1:35 pm
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide, 150 North Terrace Adelaide at 1:45 pm
- The Terrace Hotel Adelaide, 208 South Terrace Adelaide at 2:00 pm
Coach Transfer Returns
Coach transfer must be pre-booked. Coach Transfers back to the below Adelaide locations departs Mannum at 9.30 am and arrives in Adelaide at approx. 11:00 am– 11:30amor 5:30 pm after optional Barossa Wine and Heritage tour:
- Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street Adelaide
- Hilton Adelaide, 233 Victoria Square Adelaide
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, 55 Frome Street Adelaide
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide, 27 Frome Street Adelaide
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide, 150 North Terrace Adelaide
- The Terrace Hotel Adelaide, 208 South Terrace Adelaide
- Adelaide Airport (12:00pm / 6:00pm)
You may choose to be transferred to the Adelaide Airport, your arrival time will be approximately 12:00 pm or 6:00 pm. Please allow at least 3 hours after arrival for your flights to allow for possible delays getting to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Departure and return times may vary on a few of our Special Event Cruises. Please check your cruise itinerary for this information.
Cruise Car Parking
Park your vehicle in the car parking in front of the Murray Princess; after you have checked in and your luggage has been stowed on the vessel, our crew will direct you to the parking facilities. Please note every care will be taken but parking is at the passenger’s own risk. Car parking is subject to availability and pre-booking is required.
Those who are self-driving can board from 2.30 pm.
Car parking facilities are unable to accommodate caravans or motorhomes. Please contact the Mannum Caravan Park on (08) 8569 1402 to make a booking.
Self-drive directions from Adelaide CBD to Mannum
Travel on the South Eastern Freeway (National Highway M1) and take the Monarto Turnoff. Follow the signs to Mannum. When you arrive at Mannum, turn off Randell Street into Trewartha Street to Mary Ann Reserve. Park your vehicle in the car park in Mary Ann Reserve and proceed to check in on board the Murray Princess.
Fitness To Travel
A Doctor’s Certificate of fitness to travel is required from all passengers aged 80 or over. If passengers have pre-purchased Travel Insurance, a doctor’s certificate may not be required.
All Passengers: The Carrier reserves the right to refuse passage to a passenger, or to disembark a passenger, who has failed to give proper notice of physical disability, illness, or handicap requiring special care, attention, or treatment or who in the Carrier’s opinion is physically or mentally unfit for travel. Please refer to Clause 8 of the Passenger Cruise Contract.
Download Guidelines for Limited Mobility and Fitness to Travel
Onboard Food and Drinks
Menus: Aboard the Murray Princess, and you will enjoy a seasonal menu, including local, fresh produce. Salmon, scotch fillet, chicken, quiche, lamb shanks, and pork cutlets – you’ll have the option to enjoy them all in the Dining Room on the Sturt Deck. Each meal is accompanied by coffee or tea. *Menus are subject to change without notice.
Drinks: A wide variety of drinks, including wine, beer, cocktails, aperitifs, and soft drinks, are available for purchase from the bar. There is a large range of wines from South Australian wineries, including Banrock Station, Burk Salter’s Winery, and Yalumba. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails are also available for you to enjoy.
Special Dietary and Allergy Requirements Form
All special dietary and allergy information must be advised by completing your Passenger Cruise Contract when your deposit is paid. Where possible, requests will be met. As a guide, chefs regularly cater to Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Diabetic and non-seafood passengers.
A range of gluten-free products is carried on board the PS Murray Princess including gluten-free/dairy-free bread, a selection of breakfast cereals, gluten-free/dairy-free margarine, soy milk (light and regular), rice milk, a small selection of sweet biscuits, and rice crackers. All of our sauces and gravys’ are made on-board and thickened with gluten-free corn starch. These menus have been prepared for your enjoyment, so please do not hesitate to discuss these options with your waiting staff or Cruise Director. All menus are indicative and subject to change without notice.
Sale prices will be listed on the website and are subject to availability at the time of booking. Discounts are off standard fare price only. Special Conditions and Important Information:
- Limited availability – a select number of cabins have been set aside for this special fare.
- Once these cabins have been sold, prices revert to Standard Fares.
- Valid for new bookings only.
- Savings apply to cruise fares only – they do not apply to other fees/charges including onboard drinks & services, onshore tours, pre/post accommodation, or other fees/surcharges that may be applied from time to time.
- Not valid with any other discount or special offer unless otherwise stated.
- Special prices, itineraries, and conditions may apply to all Sale Offers and Special Event Cruises.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Be aware that some confirmed bookings are not refundable if cancelled, and also may not be transferable to another date or otherwise changed. Alternatively, a change may only be permissible subject to payment of an additional fee or charge. Your entitlement to a refund for cancelled bookings is subject to the relevant Supplier’s terms and conditions. Please note that if we are entitled to a service fee for placing a booking, we will remain entitled to this fee if you cancel the booking or the Supplier fails to provide you with the Product for any reason (other than our default), including in an event of Force Majeure. We will be entitled to deduct our service fee from any refund we receive on your behalf before remitting the balance to you. Suppliers’ fees are outlined in their relevant terms and conditions.
Supplier Terms and Conditions Cancellation Summary:
Full payment is required 90 days from departure (conditions may vary for special offers, event cruises, or group bookings).
All deposits are non-refundable. In addition to the loss of deposit: More than 60 days before departure – $50 per person. Between 30 and 60 days before departure – Loss of deposit. Between 15 and 30 days before departure – 50% of the total cost. Less than 14 days before departure – 100% of the total cost.